View Single Post
      02-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #4
rocksarntpeople
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i M Sport

So to answer some of your questions:

1) That is true although I do not know what version firmware you need to be running in order to avoid using an FSC code for apps as I have proper FSC's loaded for my VIN
2) The wiring for the combox combines both the wiring for the TCU and MULF2 into 1 harness. No wires are left out, all wires are used as well as all fakra connections should you choose to wire in a telematics combox. The MOST system is a close looped fiber optic bus that allows all modules on it to communicate with one another. Any break in the loop will cause all modules and computers on the loop to stop functioning. You are therefore removing 2 MOST enabled units and replacing it with one, so you use a MOST loop adapter to close the system on either the MULF or TCU fiber optic run (it really doesnt matter which) but that is a separate wire harness altogether.
3) addressing the 3rd question, the information is scattered mostly because there is not really a "one-size fits all" solution as most of this is very car specific. Each module requires specific coding with specific options and enabling codes to function correctly in addition to the necessary wiring.

***I will add one bit of information as I think it is very necessary, to do things correctly, I would suggest familiarizing yourself with how to load the proper FSC codes needed as it will allow you to run the newest firmware without losing any functionality. Also I would recommend that before doing this and doing and build year changing or VO coding that you update the car completely because once those values are changed BMW Service will no longer be able to code or program your car since the VO will no longer match what they have on record****
Appreciate 0