01-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
kazbek1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by activereality View Post
Total newb to the BMW world here . But not so new to troubleshooting. The settings issue sounds like it is losing memory. There is usually a requirement to have the HU connected to a constant 12 VDC source (either battery or an 'always on' connection via a fuse box).

The other issue with sound- do all the other functions of the radio seem to work? If so, it might be the MOST adapter or its connections, as that is the translator (roughly speaking) to send sound to the logic 7 system. If you have to restart the HU a few times, it kind of sounds like that is not getting signal or working properly. A troubleshooting step might be to pull it all out (while still electrically connected) and re-seat all connections/look for loose connections. I have seen a few other threads where people talked about a connection being loose enough that some vibration (like driving the car around) got the connection loose. Or it might be the driver of the HU - sending the sound signal to the MOST adapter, the adapter itself. If is plays at all, it is probably wired correctly, but might need some tweaking to 'make perfect'.

Good luck dude and let us know how it goes!

How are you liking the rest of the functionality?
Thanks so much for your help man. I have a couple questions if you don't mind looking them over'

1. Referencing the memory issue, you said "There is usually a requirement to have the HU connected to a constant 12 VDC source (either battery or an 'always on' connection via a fuse box)". What does this mean exactly? Here's instructions they sent me to troubleshoot myself before sending the MOST adapter back:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c...1oS3Vfd2M/view

Mine looks like the picture on the left with both the red and yellow wire. What do you think I would need to do to maintain my settings? When I go into my settings and change it to the units I want, all is fine. When I turn the car off and then back on, it'll display the correct units on the screen between the speedo and tach but as the HU is booting up, it'll eventually switch to metric.

2. The original instructions had me connect the yellow wire from the MOST adapter to the yellow wire from my HU (BATT +12V) and the red wire from the MOST adapter to the blue wire from my HU (ANT-CONT). But the directions from the above link implies that both the yellow and red wire from the MOST should be connected to the same yellow BATT +12V wire from the HU. Is this right? I rewired it like this and it seems to have fixed the audio problem I think. I would just hate to go out to my car in a few hours and it be dead because the HU stayed on or something.

Besides the memory/audio problem, the HU is perfect. Very fast processor, large clear display, a lot of different features to choose from, and doesn't look too cheesy. Anyways, sorry if I just blasted you in the face with these questions all of a sudden. If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0