Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDriveIt View Post
Private message To: JustDriveIt From: wildcatcrazy
"Install DIY
The problem with your DIY is that if "my" link changes, your DIY then becomes extinct.

And if you're going to use someone else's work, at least give credit to those that put it together.

Otherwise, good write up."

Didn't know that meant I was supposed to change something.... or do you want me to delete this post because it helps people?

You providing a download link isn't much of a tutorial. I made a tutorial that included your download link, didn't think that was "plagiarizing".

Just wanted to help people who were getting started, since it took me a while and you have to add and change the files provided in your link.

I don't care about fake "credit". Anyone is free to copy, change, post my tutorial wherever they want. I made this to help people, not to try and make me feel good about myself.

I'll try to add your name to give you credit.

Also that cable works fine for me, and plenty others. Of course it isn't going to work for everyone.
This is all public information. My videos are on YouTube to help others. There's nothing to stop you from using it and I don't really care. But the right thing to have done is PM me and tell me you were putting this together and ask if I minded you including my video in it and I would have said "sure, no problem" instead of just coming across it in some random thread.