View Single Post
      07-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #42
chiments
Registered
Rep
Drives: 20013 535i Sedan

yeah

Yeah, i have a '07 335i with 102k it runs like a CHAMP. It was purchased used a year and a half ago with 87k.

Since then, I have replaced the spark plugs and cabin filter on my own. I'm about to complete my 2nd oil change this coming week. I think that I am also due for new brake pads. But everything is smooth. The previous owner took real good care of it. Service levels seems to have been maintained appropriately. My next steps are to check the other fluids.

I will probably come across other stuff as I begin to mod it out, but I wouldn't worry. Some of these previous posts seemed a bit ridiculous. What this guys said just before me seems legit comparatively. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahmati View Post
Some people are a little over the top, My first car was a 1992 325i and I ran it up to 180,000km and still sold it and they ran another 40k till they totalled it ( sold it to a friend of a friend)

My advice stick to the basics for now and keep a watch/listen for anything else:

-Because you never know when they last changed fluids I would start there

Motor oil, Tranny

-with a 335 it's hard not to punch it at times and we are in summer so flush and replace coolant

-Safety come after speed so brake fluids and rotor/ pad check

-Personally I would swap the battery just to have peace of mind

-Take a peek at your filters ( air intake, cabin, etc..)

-And make sure the tires are free of any unusual wear or tear, if you see one side fading fast then the other I would say get a alignment.

That will be a good start down the path of love between u n your 335

Ohhh and forgot , just like budda you should rub the front emblem before you start it, My 335 loves that and has kept me problem free.

Any high end car will cost you, but they see less troubles then most. Plan ahead and take measures to prevent failure, also act upon any problem asap before its a real problem
Appreciate 0