View Single Post
      10-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #164
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
^^I just don't think so and I think you just contradicted yourself with your statement.

"There may not be a fix...but its possible the combination of new software and the newer pump will delay the failure."

^^^I don't get that at all. And it seems that it is something much more serious than any software only or along with any of the pumps built so far will permanently fix anything. It seems it is almost certain that something else is causing the problem with all the multiple failures.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited this is hopefully making some progress. I'm not even concerned about the value going down. I plan on keeping my car a long time unless I start having a lot of problems and I haven't so far other than a couple small things and I had my LPFP replaced. I am one of the fortunate ones so far with almost 40K on original pump (I think I am getting closer and closer to jinxing myself). But I think I've read every post about it. And just like all the other posters in this thread that have read everything about this and been keeping up with it....this is nothing new. And it's not even a recall!!! It's just more of the same BS.

This is getting so damn frustrating that BMW will not just get some damn engineers together and admit this is a serious problem that they need to figure out what the ACTUAL problem is and fix it for christ's sake.

I've said this before..that there is a guy here in Germany that works for BMW (Mechanic)..and has for some 25 years. He draws diagrams of what he thinks is causing this. He thinks that essentially, they could just produce a BIGGER pump and it wouldn't fail.
Its possible that my current setup with the old pump...is likely to fail sometime soon.

The new pump may delay failure -- this is good, I haven't had a failure yet...and got 34 K Kms out of it...I'd like the new pump on recall before it fails, I go to the dealership 4 times before I throw code.

I don't have time for this nonsense, I need a car that works; hence the recall is a good thing.

As far as resale, I =bought this car and intend to run it in to the ground over 10 years. You should have known buying a 335 that resale would suck, though normally 3 series has strong resale.

You guys need to learn to take what you get; you knew about HPFP before you got into this car. Doesn't make it acceptable, but thats REAL LIFE...its unfair.
Appreciate 0