09-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #36
Thumperx
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartpumper77 View Post
I also have 07 I drive with BT and SOS assist ( dont have subscription) and aux port in the armrest but no USB. I am wondering what parts we need to add the USB connector to the armrest? Obviously my car is already wired and in working order for the options except USB.

Thanks for the help
Like I said before, you still would need to change (swap) the electronic unit (TCU, MULF2 high, or MULF2 High SVS) and add cable/s because there an additional FAKRA molex port which connects to the USB/AUX unit located in the center armrest and/or possible USB port located in the glove compartment (then you'll would need the USB hub unit and associated harness).

If I recall correctly, USB capabilities came during the 2008 model year. So any vehicle made before 2008 will need to update all components, systems, and add coding.

So for your usage, I would continue with the TCU route. Your part list includes: new TCU, cables, possible 54 pin plug (white), USB/AUX port unit, and coding. I would converse with Lazd because he's more familiar which TCU kit and process would be best for you rather than me. Or can anyone else chime in?

For example, pictured below are the MULF with and without USB capabilities.
Attached Images

Name: Blanca | 07 E92 | AW-Blk | ZSP | Alcon BBK | M3 Bits | VM RR Links | Koni | UUC Sways | V5 | Dinan CAI | ETS IC | Fge DV | ER CP | Cyba | Raden. Exh | Mod Step | Trunk Drawer | Perf LED Wheel | Illum Dr Sills | IS Shifter | Parrot | Philps D1S | 6000k fog | MTECH RR | CSL Trunk | Aero | Roof Spoiler | PSS on BBS RS-GT 19s

Last edited by Thumperx; 09-03-2012 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0