Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Nope, manuals. My '06 325i has three E12 Torx bolts that thread through the backing plate on the engine block. The two lower bolts hold a bracket at the bottom of the bell housing. The 3rd bolt is on the left side of the bell housing near the slave cylinder. The bolts protrude far enough to get in the way of dropping the rear of the pan freely. At least on my car anyway.
Big question Gentlemen, I've got a hunch to do this job inclusive of doing a suspension refresh. Struts and springs, new control arms etc. Would it be possible to drop the subframe entirely and remove to a work bench or so to do a slight install of the bottom half of the suspension bits?

I'm thinking remove the subframe. replace this gasket, washout if I can a few areas of oil, dirt etc. Then proceed to work on Suspension bits etc. I know of removing the brake lines (May replace those) Just want to know if its easier to work with the subframe off the car per say. FYI car does not have xdrive.
you should contact member "simon". iirc he removed the subframe for his gasket / motor mount replacement.
Appreciate 1