View Single Post
      08-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #43
RSL
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
Man this issue sucks, love the car and this is the only thing that's letting it down.

Is anyone who's having this issue not running an MHD tune? just checking as would like to eliminate that as the issue

And I don't get the issue when the car is cold, so when it's running richer there's no issue, so a simple fix would seem to be a richer AFR between 1400 and 2500 RPM with light throttle application?
Does your car run richer when below operating temp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post
Dont have this issue. I did change my torque request tables. Wonder if thats the reason. If anyone wants to try. I do think if you have boost leaks it can do this..
+1 and a few others might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
I don't think I have a boost leak, but have posted a link to a log below

http://www.datazap.me/u/hoper/catless-dps

You can clearly see the boost fluctuating though before I apply any real throttle, and when looking at the logs the LTFT for bank 1 follows the pattern for the boost, the throttle position also fluctuates even though the pedal position is stable...

Ideas? is it a small boost leak?
1) That's some seriously low ambient pressure. OTS maps and high altitude/consistent low pressure don't mix well too often. You actually seem to be doing pretty well on boost considering.
2) Not sure what you're doing with the pedal, but you don't even get it mostly floored until >5000rpm and have what appears to be full load request around 4000rpm (68% pedal).
3) You have a huge throttle closure 3100-3200rpm due to load exceeding request. That is essentially what it's doing on a small scale repeatedly at the part-throttle immediately before.

If MHD still has a linear throttle option, you might give it a try and see if things smooth out.

WGDC might be a tad high for boost, but expected with such low pressure. Doesn't really seem like a boost leak.
Appreciate 0