View Single Post
      11-04-2005, 12:30 PM   #28
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Eh, if it weren't for my wife telling me to get a 330, I would've gotten a 325. I'm all about lightweight functional machinery that does it's job well. If I want luxury I'll buy a Lexus/Merc. I don't like doo-dads in my car, never really have.

But my wife knows that one day I'll wonder aloud what it'd be like to have the extra hp and it'll all be over. So she's making me get the 330. And unfortunately, because I refuse to wait for an ordered car (that sh*t just infuriates me; make your customers wait because you're too cheap to have inventory on the lot) I'm getting stuck with premium package.

For me there's several *minuses* to the 330: useless chrome trim; useless power seats; bluetooth for my phone...why would I be talking while I'm driving?; built in garage door opener? I already have one of those that came with the garage door opener, why do I need another one?; big boat anchor heavy cast wheels; 80 gazillion speaker sound ... whoopie. All that crap adds weight and complexity. BMW's never been known for their electronics being reliable, why add all that in and then whine when the car's in the shop with electrical glitches?

I wish more car makers would go back to making basic go fast machines like the WRX and EVO. Imagine how cool a CSL or club sport version of the 330 or 325 would be.
Appreciate 0