dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
Carlos, you are absolutely right. Not ONE post of chat... chat is everyday sh1te like, and I quote:

"Think I'm pi55ed"
"Who is at home right now posting"
"Best car chase films"
"How long would it take me to drive to east angular?
>> OK I partially made that one up and it was partially serious.
"i apologize"
"negativity towards other forum member"
"horniest thing youve done"
"hayfever"
"any dentists on here, or anybody know a dentist well"

AND MY OWN PERSONAL ALL TIME FAVOURITE:

when did you last have a one night HAND??

I just can't understand where all these people are coming from.

Don't change Carlos, we'd have f*** all to talk about otherwise.
and out of those, only one has been within the last month

yeah love you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
I think its wrong to say there are problems with the current setup, or specifically a problem with any individual person (that might, but not necessarily be called Carlos!) I certainly don't think that at all, and I think Carl has actually helped create some good banter on the UK forum. The UK has the most number of threads out of all the regional forums:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

although not the most number of posts, but that gives us something to work towards!

At the moment the entire site has only 2 Administrators and no moderators at all, which seems strange given the popularity of the site and number of forums. If we had two moderators just to keep an eye on things , that will help in the organisation of messages. My view would be that the Moderators would do their job and largely go unnoticed in the admin tasks of the forum. Most other forums have the same sort of idea, so its not really anything new.

As Viv has said, the number of posts in the UK forum has grown quite considerably, quite recently, as well as the number of new threads being created. This is not a bad thing in any way. I think the thoughts are to basically organise the threads a bit better, broadly into the two categories of "off topic and banter" and "questions relating to the E90/91/92/93/94 etc." As I said, there are loads of off topic questions I could raise, and would appreciate and value opinion of others, and an off-topic sub-forum would be the place to do this.

Gordon.

PS. Carl - just 1 sugar in my tea please?

i think it would sterilize it somewhat having a seperate off topic section, it would still get ''lively'' in the car section any way

but if it ends up happening then im all for it, i just quite like the way the forum is presently thats all

and i love the banter and think its a great escape being on here with you guys

Carlos