Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTO335i View Post
You have the base radio and your Tune2air still allows you to skip tracks through your steering wheel and you have display info? I imagine that you have an Iphone? Do you have a Mulf unit in the trunk or?
Yes, iPhone, and Tune2Air lets me use the steering wheel controls for up and down tracks and volume control (not related anyway). I don't have the MOST system (Base stereo)...I think what I have is called a TCU that's on the right side under the top side of the lift up panel where the used to be a spare in previous models (but 2010 they went with runflats).

But on to my questions about getting that better signal to the head unit or past it...my understanding is the AUX in is terrible compared to other inputs. So it works for now while I'm still stock BASE STEREO audio and crap to play it on, but looking to upgrade the speakers without changing the head unit.

Along with my previous post, also seen how some have used a version of mobridge in place of the "CD Changer" or SAT option, but not sure if there is actually an input for that in my 2011 LCI 328i base stereo (or if the connection is physically there and has to be coded in). Also wasn't sure if the MOST connection was required for those types of setups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTO335i View Post
You have the base radio and your Tune2air still allows you to skip tracks through your steering wheel and you have display info? I imagine that you have an Iphone? Do you have a Mulf unit in the trunk or?
Yes, iPhone, and Tune2Air lets me use the steering wheel controls for up and down tracks and volume control (not related anyway). I don't have the MOST system (Base stereo)...I think what I have is called a TCU that's on the right side under the top side of the lift up panel where the used to be a spare in previous models (but 2010 they went with runflats).

But on to my questions about getting that better signal to the head unit or past it...my understanding is the AUX in is terrible compared to other inputs. So it works for now while I'm still stock BASE STEREO audio and crap to play it on, but looking to upgrade the speakers without changing the head unit.

Along with my previous post, also seen how some have used a version of mobridge in place of the "CD Changer" or SAT option, but not sure if there is actually an input for that in my 2011 LCI 328i base stereo (or if the connection is physically there and has to be coded in). Also wasn't sure if the MOST connection was required for those types of setups.
I have the most system with logic 7 and I also have a tcu. The mobridge is like the grom unit, I never thought of coding it against the SAT option, that would be better since I'd like to retain my cd player just in case if I were to ever get one of those units, I'd like to keep my stock HU.. What options do you have in your base stereo? If you have a tcu like mine I would imagine you'd have Bluetooth for calls and the SAT option available somehow with coding ( I may be wrong) You don't have idrive either correct?

I run a Bluetooth receiver into the aux and the Bluetooth receiver has buttons on it to skip tracks but the audio quality is low, if I hook my phone directly to the aux port then I get the same sound quality as radio/CD.. I'm looking for an amp to boost the signal to make the volume louder from the Bluetooth receiver but I'm on the fence about purchasing the unit (it's called sound shocker pro).

You shouldn't have any issues upgrading your speakers without changing your head unit. Your speakers are driven from the HU unless you have an amp, then the HU supplies power to the amp and the amp powers your speakers which you can still simply upgrade your speakers for better sound quality.