View Single Post
      09-01-2008, 07:48 AM   #158
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 ANdy View Post
now, im not chinese but why the hell do you think that everything thats made in china is a piece of worthless shit? yeah, so what if they make alot of replica and cheaper quality item, the price is cheaper to buy! If BMW ever decides to build their cars in china it would probably save them money on workers salaries, but that doesnt mean their building standards are lower. chinese are hard working people. havent you noticed that most chinese families or matter of fact MOST asian families that move to the US for 20 years do very well? it takes them 20years to build their empire from absolutely nothing. So dont be ignorant and act like china only makes crap and that their idiots because they dont know what quality control is. because they do, they just dont much of it YET
LOL My wife and I watched the opening ceremony and thought it was pretty amazing, I doubt we could have pulled off such a spectacle in Chicago or whatever other American city wanted to host the games.

With all due respect, I don't tend to like any product when the price remains the same or even goes up, yet the production gets shifted elsewhere. My Nikon is made in Thailand, had no choice. It's a fine camera, been in use for 3 years (dig slr). I recently saw a set of JA Henckels knives for sale at $380, but they were made in Thailand I believe. They may be just as good as German made, but at that price, I wont buy them. Has nothing to do with how hard working or not people are. There are just some expectations at various price points. When the price tag is nearly $400, I expect German made. Otherwise, I'd just buy some hack set made in China (Farberware) for $35. The latter still works, maybe heavier and less balanced.
Appreciate 0