View Single Post
      01-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #384
technik330
Captain
Rep
Drives: STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
The reason is simple because there will be buyers. People will buy anything if it's properly marketed to them. Some of us see through the marketing BS that relates to this car, and some don't.

It's not a matter of buying anything that's marketed to you, properly/correctly, as you mentioned.

It's more a long the lines of this car offers increased performance with factory fit/finish, a warranty, and better gas mileage than an e9x M3.

I think this car has an exclusivity factor as well. With the majority of the e90's already flooding the streets; the iS is something different, albeit slightly, but still something different.

It's kinda sad the majority of the posters are shooting the iS to shit; granted the majority of the posters have modded their 335s. I applaud BMW for having the ability to recognize the BMW "tuning scene" and present a product that has been fairly well thoughtout.

I can't comment as to why the suspension was not upgraded, nor the brakes, but would bet cash there's a solid reason as to why. The stock 335 brakes are quite powerful and for a modest hp bump, why try and mess with an already awesome brake setup? I'm also willing to bet with sport tires and lighter wheels the handling will be better off the bat, even with the same sport suspension.....

Just my 2 cents....but there's no point in pointless bashing of a car we haven't even seen the production version of.

If anything, I think all this press gives BMW a chance to adjust any pre-production "bugs" and offer a true performance package for the e9x 335 chassis-
'18 Subaru STi Type RA #350
'19 Honda Civic Type R #31191
Appreciate 0