Thread: Code issues
View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #7
charlieb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Manual

Pull your rear left sensor (drives the speedometer) and check for wear on the end of the sensor.
It took me a few tries to figure out but I had to shim the rear sensors on my car or else the rotating part of the hub the sensor is reading would grind the sensor down and cause it not to work after a few days.

When researching this issue I found way more information on having the ABS module rebuilt than I did replacing sensors. I assumed that was my problem but decided to sort out the sensors first. Using a cheap code reader I was able to see whether or not all 4 sensors were functioning and the rear left would read 0. Traced the wires to the abs module (same color) and found there was continuity between the plug at the abs module and the RL sensor harness.

Part of my problem was unwillingness to spend $180 sensor with no warranty from BMW when there are a multitude of aftermarket sensors available for less than $30 for 2 sensors. While 1 cheap sensor was DOA, a $45 bosch sensor was also DOA. I ended up buying a pair off of ebay that worked fine and when shimmed away from the hub have worked perfectly for a week now.
Appreciate 1
relative4611.00