View Single Post
      07-08-2018, 08:54 PM   #149
crosis
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 (x35i)

SUCCESS

I just wanted to say i got success with the explained approach.

Vehicle: 2011 BMW X3 (F25) xDrive 35i
Original Map : 112093.2.19 Road Map North America Premium 2011
Updated Map: 112164.2.11 Road Map North America Premium 2018-1

I was unable to coax my vehicle into giving up the "1b.hex" file. It refused to export the 1b.hex to my USB stick. If this happens it may just mean you need to try another USB stick. VERY IMPORTANT whatever stick you try is formatted as FAT32. Just copy the single "copie_scr.sh" onto the stick (no other files). I started the ignition (not the engine) and waited for the iDrive home screen to appear. I then inserted my 4GB usb stick (some generic multicard reader with a 4GB microSD) and waited for a few seconds for the stick to be recognized by the OS then selected the Navigation option. I waited for maybe 3 minutes then removed the stick. Finally the 1b.hex and fsc.bat were copied onto my usb stick.

I previously tried 3 other USB sticks and they did not work. The other unworking sticks were PNY 64GB and Patriot 16GB.

Next i followed the instructions to obtain my FSC code. YES, i did selected "Life Time" so i dont have to do all this ever again. The FSC code provided worked perfectly. I'm now updating the maps to: "bmw.north_america.premium.2018-1".

I'm updating using my 64GB usb stick (formatted to FAT32). I have all 4 DVDs on the USB stick. I'm just following the instructions in this video.

The first DVD has been removed from its folder and is in root so USB 1 of 4, the stick contents looks like:

DVD2 [folder]
DVD3 [folder]
DVD4 [folder]
pkgdb [folder]
config.hfm

When prompted for USB 2 of 4 i then remove the USB stick, delete the existing root folder pkgdb then move out the requested DVDx's pkgdb folder into root (ie. DVD2's pkgdb folder is moved to root) then reinsert the USB stick into the car. Repeat.

It took over an hour but it updated fine. On first reboot i noticed the Navigation version was blank. I had to do another reboot (holding down the Radio's volume button for 30 secs) and once back in everything was fine.

Last edited by crosis; 07-08-2018 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 2