04-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #363
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
Enrita,
so u have the stock OC and added the AR secondary OC ?
Did the new AR unit drop your oil temps alot ?

I have the VK OC upgrade but may add the AR OC later as a second unit.

Thanks
If you have the VK OC upgrade, then I'm going to suggest another upgrade for you. Retain use of the VK housing, but ditch the Derale core that VK uses and change it for a Setrab unit. I can help you organise a new Setrab core. You'll need an adapter to change the metric fitting on the Setrab to the AN fitting that the VK lines use, but that's very easy and you'll not need to change the existing VK lines.

The Setrab core works MUCH better than the Durale core, and retains full structural rigidity even when the mounting tabs are cut off. The Derale has an issue in that when the mounting tabs are cut off, as they are for the VK installation, the rigidity of the core itself can be compromised and might lead to a core split. I should know - this has happened TWICE to me already, once on a testing day at Prodrive when I was doing 150mph The spin out due to the oil on the front tyre was mental

The AR secondary unit is a Setrab core and works very well to maintain cool temps. I highly recommend it if you're going to up the power of your car. To give you an example, with just a single Setrab core I hit oil temps of 140 degrees when hot lapping around the 'Ring. Now with the additional AR cooler, and with the car producing much more power, I only hit temps of 130... can't give a better real world recommendation than that.
Appreciate 0