View Single Post
      01-03-2022, 12:19 AM   #1
yue0707
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 325xi

Temporary X-Drive Delete // Front Output Flange Question

Hey all,

I had stopped a total front driveshaft failure and removed the driveshaft. I have replacement coming in mail. Removed it, was told you can ride RWD kind of for a temporary time if Driveshaft is removed. However, when riding around like a mile to 7/11 i noticed that the front output flange was clattering, It was kind of loose and would slide back and forth which I think is normal. But these are not normal circumstances XD.

I tried the fuses thing I haven't removed both the 30A DTC and 30A TC/Actuator. But I did remove F20 and the 30A TC/Actuator and uh, lots of weird stuff happened so I noped that and reverted. I have a Pre-LCI 07 so what's on forums for one model isn't what it is for me thats for sure.

Um if I remove that which looks easy to do with a prybar, what would happen? It would seem that would for sure at some point come out of its place and I wouldn't want that. First setup with AWD so I haven't much experience other than changing TC clutch fluid out. Don't know if there is a seal on the flange or what.

Thanks

Last edited by yue0707; 01-03-2022 at 12:28 AM..
Appreciate 0