07-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #30
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo M/Sport View Post
This post has some good stuff, so I thought I would hijack it rather than start another on the same topic. I'm getting my wheels refinished and would like to apply a coating before I get junk baked into the new clearcoat. How soon can I put something on?

Hydro2 sounds interesting but the videos I've seen all look like ads. How do I know that I'm getting impartial info. Autogeek.net and L2D have posts on Hydro2 but also sell it - doesn't sound impartial to me. psnt1ol are you connected to Hydro2?
you have my blessing to jack the thread lol i just realized, a few layers of rim wax will go a longggg way! i just pressure blast the grime off with no scrubbing and some light soap for presoaking. Definitely look into coating the wheels with some protectant and clean every so often. my e90 is my DD around all of LA county and OC so it accumulates alot of brake dust and i still blast it off. it might take a second but patience is key and waxing is annoying but its worth it in the long run. Ive added maybe 5 stages of wax and damn its amazing!