View Single Post
      11-30-2006, 02:07 PM   #28
CassiesMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Sorry, I really didn't mean to make fun of you questions. My point is that unless you want to pay a massive premium guarding against something that simply wont happen, the idea of a tuning shop offering a drivetrain warranty on performance items isn't going to happen. I really don't want to charge an obnoxious amount of money for a upgrade kit that delivers 50% of what it should. And the majority of people don't want to pay for such a kit either. Even if it does include a very-limited warranty coverage claim.
^Thats why the Dinan stuff is so expensive. There is no difference between the Dinan CAI and mine, but the Dinan stuff comes with a warrenty. If anyone wants to mod their car, its a risk your just going to have to take. You don't even need to mod it to risk hurting it, driving it hard will put added stress on as well.

Basically, if you want warrenty, go Dinan. If you want more affordable for the exact same thing, then you'll have to forgo warrenty. All I know is the first thing I do when I get my 335i, I'm getting one of these XEDEs.

E46 Orient Metallic Blue 325i
Mods:
-Carbonio Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
-Sirius Sportster Radio
Appreciate 0