View Single Post
      11-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #21
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

One more advice. I think Shiv mentioned that higher than default torque settings can be applied only with 96 octane gas or higher (US specs).

I remember reading a document from MOTEC testing labs, where they tested Shell V-power Racig 100 vs two Premium 98 octane gasses (RON - EU spec) on an EVO IX engine on engine dyno using combinations of those fuels on the stock ECU and adjustable MOTEC M800 ECU using stock boost of 14psi and also 20psi via reprograming in MOTEC. The results were surprising (to me at least) - using V-Power they could achieve +4.6% engine HP and +10.5% torque, when they were able to adjust ignition timing by 3.5 degrees @ 14psi and 7deg @ 20psi.

I think adjusting ignition timing is the way (or one of them) Procede adjusts torque, that's why it's dependent on octane.

This was actually the first (if not the last) time I've seen any facts besides all of the marketing BS Shell feeds on the market. So it looks it works.

So - if U can get VPR100 in the UK, give it a try, adjust the procede torque settings in small steps and test it. And of course, dont forget to share the results.

Julius

EDIT: I'll try to look for that document if s/o is interested. Post here or PM me.

Appreciate 0