View Single Post
      07-19-2018, 08:12 PM   #26
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
Yeah, I dont get that. I've had 100k+ mile BMWs as my only car for nearly 20 years.... Pretty sure I'm not dead yet?

It's worth mentioning I suppose that none of them were turbo.. But one began life as an automatic AWD..

Hell.. My wife just took our X5 on a 1000 mile road trip.. By herself, with 2 kids. She had a small tool kit, a first aid kit, and a quart of oil... She even took it off road (for real). And I barely trust that car, although realistically it hasn't given us a single issue in the year we've owned it.
because people think that these cars are full of magical pixie dust that somehow makes them 10x more difficult to diagnose and repair.

Honestly, I've found my first BMW far easier to work on and diagnose than the average domestic. It took me 6 days of dicking with my buddy's 03 malibu to diagnose it's no start issue. The whole time I was dealing with an archaic fuel injection architecture and limited sensor data.
oh, and really dumb design decisions made by GM bean counters because it saved 10 minutes of labor on the assembly line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashy View Post
Yea the hitch itself was pretty easy, wiring a bit more complex for me. Were you able to wire the turn signals in without causing errors to display in iDrive? I only get errors for turn signals, for which I heard I may need resistors to resolve. Currently I just run a switch so I can have them working when I need to lol
Just buy the OEM trailer harness adapter that plugs into the plug in the back. it's like $150.

I hate hacking factory harnesses. People that cut up harnesses istead of buying an adapter should be shot.
Appreciate 0