View Single Post
      01-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #16
jmonier
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92, 2002 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_335 View Post
Did they have to open up your engine to get this fix done? Did you also hear a ticking sound coming from your engine? You wouldn't happen to have the part numbers of the hex bolt and washer would you? Thanks in advance!
The key point here is to have the dealer open a PUMA case. I don't know why they haven't done it already as it's there specifically for cases like this where they don't know what to do next. They may even have to do it simply to get reimbursed under warranty given that the problem is somewhat strange.

They did have have to remove the oil pan and pulleys, etc. from the front of the engine. The tech seemed to be extremely careful about checking for oil leaks, etc. after putting it back together. I can see where you'd be worried in this case especially since they don't seem to understand that BMW tech support is available to them. You might even want to try to get a recommendation for another BMW Service Department and take the car there instead. In the final analysis, the engine WILL have to come apart partially to fix the problem.

There's a long list of parts that were replaced and I don't know which ones finally fixed the problem. If they reference the PUMA case that I gave, BMW Tech Support will be able to tell them exactly what to do.
Appreciate 0