View Single Post
      02-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #45
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
He's using FCPEuro. No one does warranty-able oil but them. Heck, no auto parts business have a warranty policy like FCP does. Suggest you buy them from FCP directly yourself (and rightly supporting a legitimate business) and stop giving money to these jackasses.
EDIT: now that I've thought about it, lots of scammy and predatory tactics have been used throughout my years using Matt. Still owes me nearly $850, and hes for 4 months. Stay away.

Does FCP have a warehouse somewhere in northern jersey? I suspect another supplier other than fcp is giving him the warranty, because he gets parts for me same day, that he most definitely does not just have on hand.

Plus, I already spent the money on all these parts. Noone's making anything off of me bringing back my oil and filters, so if he's still in business, I'll still use him as a parts supplier. I'm doing all my own work nowadays, and convenience of getting parts I need the same day, right on my way home from work, trumps pretty much anything.

As far as people's crappy experiences, that sucks, and I understand people not using him for services if they've had those experiences. I really do. The moment I have one, I'd drop him for good too. But it's hard to give up the only well priced same day parts supplier I have, when I only have 2 hours each night to work on my car, and missing 2-4 nights of working on it while waiting for a part that has to ship to my door really puts me behind.

After hearing about all these stories, I would totally hesitate to get any big job done. But I also would swap my own turbos if I needed to at this point, so it's not really a concern of mine.

Last edited by Spyro235; 01-06-2020 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0