11-17-2015, 06:27 PM   #19
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_thirty_I View Post
Just looking at the OP's post: "They say I need to pay 250$ for brake fluid change and cabin filter change." That was for the brake fluid chance AND the cabin filter which is generally quite expensive (especially the genuine BMW part), but this is still crazy expensive regardless! LOL

Something that I thought about the other day, with manual cars, I highly doubt that the dealers, or for that matter, most workshops bleed the clutch which shares the same fluid and reservoirs. I so want to invest in a power bleeder, or vacuum bleeder!!
Bleeding the clutch slave cylinder is a pain in the ass. The bleeder screw is a 5MM and located in such position that you can barely reach it with a wrench and turn it enought to bleed it. I've bled mine, but I have a lift. Doing it on your back I would imagine is impossible.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.