View Single Post
      01-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #1505
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
Hey been having a real problem with our new m3 and my friends 335i (lemans blue and interlegos blue respectively). Recently we have noticed what looks to be like "pitting" or thousands of little "dots" in the paint work (Mostly on horizontal surfaces). Looks like someone poked the pairs thousands of times with a needle. Tried everything down to a suburf with optimum compound to remove them. The suburf defiantly made them a lot less noticeable but still there. What could these be? Am I safe to hit them with another pass or two of suburf. It's weird because they only recently became noticeable. Both cars had been polished by me when we first got them and the dots weren't there. I'm baffled
Sorry to hear about this issue. It sounds like this is not overspray or any kind of contaminants on top of the clear coat, you seem sure it's beneath the surface. My guess would be that it could be a bad paint job and there are tiny pinholes aka solvent popping. Unfortunately if this is the case no amount of polishing will fix it because there is no paint there to be polished, the surface is actually missing some of the paint. If this sounds way off base please take some pictures and I'll do my best to provide more insight on what may be the situation here.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0