09-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #42
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchomini View Post
thats retarded, on a highway with little traffic 90 mph is really not that fast at all, and act like you got a 335i because it is slow, you wanted it for the motor.

that sucks you got a ticket bro......cops never do favors........and i have yet to ever have a cop do anything that has helped me ever.

I guess I've gotten luckier than most driver on here.

Reason 1: I have no idea what was going through my head but a couple years ago on New Years Eve, I was doing close to 100mph on a 40mph zone and a cop pulled me over and was heavily interrogating me and just making me realize that I f'ed up without coming off as an asshole. I was let off the hook shortly after with nothing more than a "please more carefully next time, especially on holidays". This was my first BMW that I shared with my parents which was a 4.6is X5 and honestly, I didn't even know I picked up that fast with it being fully loaded, and BIG high performance tires.

Reason 2: About 4 days ago, driving down to SoCal from San Jose, right when 152 merges onto the 5, my friend was clocked doing ~95 in a 65 in his e46 M3. The lady asked if he knew how fast he was going in which he replied around 85. She took the paper work and returned saying "since you were honest with me, something that I don't get very often, I'll let you slide but I'm going to write you up a fix-it for the tint. In the end, we would have been paying close to $400 or so for speeding but we ended up with a $25 fix-it for tints and no plates, although the plate wasn't stated on the ticket as a fix-it.

In the end, it all comes down to your driving habit and luck. Personally, since that New Year's day, I haven't been pulled over (knock on my woodgrain trim) by a cop for speeding which I still do occasionally. People can view this post as irresponsible and such but for every ticket you EARN, hopefully that deters you from repeating your actions which one day may yield heavier consequences than a couple hundred dollar ticket.

TL;DR?

Just be cautious driving. Traffic signs are posted for a reason.