DeMobBoss
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY11 BMW 330d Msport Carbon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
What numbers has Mr Singh achieved?
Anyone know? And with what modifications?

As my signature might reveal, I have done some more modifications than you, and I totally agree that a box tune is not the way to go.
What I have learned in the process of my tuning, is also that there are very BIG difference in how the power is delivered.

I started out with a tune done by feeling and not so much from experience, and without the use of a rolling road.

I then turned to a company in Belgium, where they did know quite a few things about tuning. That tune did a very big difference and the car is now much better and much nicer to drive.
On page 3 of this thread Mr Singh posted a Dyno results page of before and after tuning stating gains of 290Hp and 500Ftlbs or about 670Nm. These are pretty good gains. I can only assume this was done with a proper open ecu Dyno tune. I may be very mistaken though... I vaguely recall seeing some quite spectacular results (I think approaching 700+Nm) from a tune by 'Evolve' tuning in the UK with the car owner boasting 0.8G pulls in second gear!!!. I'm not sure if Mr Singh was affiliated with them.

You are lucky you have your car in Belgium. I am from London myself and am always surprised about the wide choice of tuning options people have in Europe. Here in Oz the options are very limited and progress is slow in this regard.

I know what you meab about how the car drives. I've learnt from tuning my Subaru. This was a massive project involving slinging two TD04 turbos onto a N/A flat six. The way the power is delivered is crucial. My Subaru was very linear and easy to live with everyday despite delivering 336.2Kw at all four wheels and some estimated 1000+Nm of torque. And that linearity was achieved on the Dyno by a highly experienced tuner. Hence my affinity for Dyno tuning besides the power gains.

Currently I think my best bet is waiting on my pals at BMRAW to get tuning equipment that will allow them to Dyno tune my car. I will keep this thread posted if anything happens.