Thread: 325d/330d
View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 02:05 AM   #12
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

As Rasa says they only need to get up to 75 Deg c and above to do a regen, providing there are no other fault codes to stop the regen.

You don't have to rev the nuts off of it either. You just need to be able to do a minimum of a steady 1400 revs to get it started. Once it's started it won't stop if your revs drop below 1400 either it will carry on till the regent is finished.

Blocked DPF's tend to happen more because of faults with the car rather than short trips.

If you are reaching 82 degs on a long run regardless of the outside temps it does show you have a weak thermostat, while it will not stop the regen process it will get weaker and your engine temp will suffer as a result. I would get it changed before the winter as preventative maintenance. I would also do the EGR cooler thermostat too it's not expensive and is a 2 minuter job while you are doing the main stat.

Oh and buy genuine from BMW, hardly any more expensive and won't fail after 6 months like the cheap pattern parts tend to.

When I bought my 2009 lci 325d (M57 engine) I replaced both stats as it was only getting up to about 84 degs. Now it sits at 88 occasionally going up to 90 if pushing hard or queuing in traffic.

Last edited by Silver Streek; 10-05-2018 at 02:12 AM..
Appreciate 0