11-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #14
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB View Post
I never understood how people just replace parts that haven't failed? It's money waisted,,these cars are so easy to work on, just because your in there doing something, dosent mean to replace shit cause your there???? I'm @ 109k, original pump, and starter. If you were to remove the ccv, you can run a can in between, these intakes are covered with oil inside the runners, that make there way back into your engine. It will take some enginnewity, but it will work. That big ball is a baffle,,and collects oil.
LOL, you should read a few of my posts. I hope you're not thinking I'm replacing the CCV just because I want to; I'm having an oil consumption issue, which I think is related to a failing CCV system. My car has 250 thousand more miles than yours on the original starter and 2nd WP after the original failed at 149,000.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0