View Single Post
      07-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #80
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2thdoc View Post
Unfortunately, mine is "special." Call it a production error or whatever, but I have less than the basic stereo for my 2010. I approached BMWNA about it and they said that they reserve the right to change things mid year and that I was basically SOL. So, as hard as it is to believe, I have no tweeters in the sails. So basically you take an already sucky stereo and make it suckier. Way to go BMW.
I think that you can start with the MS-8 built in amps, a component set in the front doors, new shallow woofers under the seats (SSMB8 if you can find them on eBay; they are very sensitive and they can sound decent with 20W RMS) and the OEM Individual center speaker.

That should be a very straight forward installation as long as the front speakers are shallow enough for your E92 door panels. The SSMB8 require a .75" spacer that you can make easily from MDF. You could try the Rainbow W 200 X-Plain woofers, but I don't know how they will sound in the OEM enclosure; I would guess that they should sound similar to the SSMB8 as the specs are very similar.

I have the MS-8 and it really sounds great with just the auto-tuning but it really needs a center speaker to sound that great. No BT echo in my setup either, but I'm not running the internal amps, though.
Appreciate 0