View Single Post
      01-21-2014, 08:23 AM   #32
Roosterm249
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I E90

Great DIY! I had one snag.

Hi, I want to say that this is great. As a father of 3 and my wife not working, write ups like these are invaluable!

All has gone well so far. I did just as described and had the appropriate tools. Except a telescoping magnet (A MUST!) I replaced the O rings and had no issue with detaching and replacing the coolant hose from the OFH. I would suggest removing the electrical plug first since it is in the way of the 10MM bolts. This helped me find the bolt thread much easier. I am now putting things back together (six hours into it) but while I was working the manifold away from the block, I accidentally snapped the plastic vacuum hose attachment from the the lower right side of the manifold. I am wondering if I am screwed into having to buy a new intake manifold and doubling my work, and expense.

Does anyone know if this is repairable? Will my car run properly or do I need to buy and replace the entire manifold?

Thanks for tolerating the novice questions, but I am hoping to get his done today. I had to miss work today for my oops and am hoping it will not take more than a day to fix or replace the manifold.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Dan
Attached Images

Last edited by Roosterm249; 01-21-2014 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0