View Single Post
      12-09-2017, 08:27 AM   #1
aaron_
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 335i LCI

Car is now a paperweight - DCT HELP!!!!!

So I have a 2010 N55 dct e93 335i with 100000kms. All maintenance including dct fluid flush (90000km) has been done. At 90000km the dct seals were also checked over and given the all clear.

Up until now car has been driving great. Today I drove 40km, then 5km, then 15 km, then 25km, all perfect. Went to start the car again and it wouldn’t start; many errors about start assistance inactive and transmission failure. The yellow P light on the dct shifter doesn’t illuminate and the car won’t start.

I left the car there for 5hrs, went back to it just now and it didn’t start. Reset codes, didn’t start. Reflashed my custom mhd tune and it started again. Moved it 10m, switched the car off to go say hi to my sister, then it didn’t start again but this time I’d blocked her driveway off. Reflashed the tune again and got it going again. Moved the car to a spot with front and rear tow truck access.

See the pics for error codes

EDIT:One thing I should add first is I had the roof down when the car was parked for 45mins and the sun was beaming in (round 4:45-5:30pm). I also flick the shifter across into sports mode and back to D (sports button always pressed) regularly.

Any ideas?
Attached Images

Last edited by aaron_; 12-09-2017 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0