View Single Post
      10-11-2018, 01:39 AM   #15
Rogue-OP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: to Drum & Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg93 View Post
Its weird, it slips but then it will seem to stop slipping even under what I would think is still boost. It really seems like slippage, but it still can grab sometimes, but im used to a bad clutch slipping and staying in a slip, this is odd
I had the same issue and it appears to not be a worn clutch but rather the pressure plate failing. I can get mine into gear and slowly accelerate, but if I WOT it slips before catching again (jumps up 1k rpm without moving before dropping back down and finally pulling). The 335i and 335is clutch both have a bad pressure plate although the 335is clutch can handle more hp. The pressure plate seems to fail around 40k miles (mine failed at 45k). Personally I got the Spec Stage 2+ for OEM dual mass flywheel (being installed as we speak). It’s over-power-rated for my performance goals, but I plan on keeping the car for a while and don’t want to swap the whole OEM clutch again in 4 years because of a pressure plate. Bonus is that Spec sells just pressure plates on their own so you can replace just that if need be.
Appreciate 0