View Single Post
      10-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #17
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg93 View Post
Nice, do you have any brand recommendations? I'm sure its mentioned all over the forums, but I'm here, might as well ask, however someone stated the behavior indicates I still have the delay valve, I will likely delete this first before I spend money on a clutch upgrade. For CA emissions, I may not get too far past the 400tq mark, just to be able to deal with smog every 2 years
The brand is actually called Spec. Spec Stage 2+ is what I recommended for you. The CDV Delete should be one of the first modifications to these cars for a manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-OP View Post
I had the same issue and it appears to not be a worn clutch but rather the pressure plate failing. I can get mine into gear and slowly accelerate, but if I WOT it slips before catching again (jumps up 1k rpm without moving before dropping back down and finally pulling). The 335i and 335is clutch both have a bad pressure plate although the 335is clutch can handle more hp. The pressure plate seems to fail around 40k miles (mine failed at 45k). Personally I got the Spec Stage 2+ for OEM dual mass flywheel (being installed as we speak). It’s over-power-rated for my performance goals, but I plan on keeping the car for a while and don’t want to swap the whole OEM clutch again in 4 years because of a pressure plate. Bonus is that Spec sells just pressure plates on their own so you can replace just that if need be.
It's a bit common to see the pressure plates not being able to hold up to the torque. Good move on the Spec Stage 2+
Appreciate 0