View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #13
canehdian_guy
Rep
Drives: 2007 G35 6MT coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubble bubble View Post
It is in the recall notice from November 2010. The HPFP will be replaced, injectors checked and replaced if necessary, and the computer reprogrammed - this will be covered for up to 10 years and 160,000km as part of the emissions warranty. That way BMW doesn't have to classify it as a safety related issue. My car has Dinan Stage 2, so they reflashed the Dinan software as well.

If took a while after BMWNA (USA) extended the warranty for BMW Canada to follow, but about a month later the stepped up.

If you need specific confirmation for your car, call BMW Canada and have your VIN handy. I did.
Hey sorry to raise this from the dead! Hopefully someone will have some information on this though.

I phoned BMW with the VIN for a 2009 335i Coupe and they informed me that neither the HPFP or fuel injectors were covered by any sort of extended warranty. Does the extended warranty exclude certain models? Does BMW Canada no longer recognize this extended warranty? Or do I need documentation to prove to BMW that the issues are actually covered?

Thanks
Appreciate 0