03-05-2016, 01:49 AM   #66
E92 420
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 Auto e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JValenzSD View Post
I had the Spearco FMIC as my first IC. It served my setup well when running FBO on a pump gas (91) tune using the Procede REV3 V5's stage 3 maps.

Boost targeted 18psi. Throttle response was great. But after I switched to the Flex Fuel setup from Vishnu, my IAT's shot up to 160F on a 90F day in SoCal. The car felt like crap pull after pull. The firmware targeted 21psi of boost and tapered to 16 I think. It was heat soaking even while sitting in traffic. Took a while to cool it down.

Then I got a hold of the CXRacing FMIC kit. Install took me a while since I had to cut a whole bunch of plastic from the shroud to make it fit. IC piping was 2.5" all the way to the CP.

The Procede was a great setup but I was getting all sorts of DME failures and errors. Got fed up and yanked it out. Bad harness maybe?

Switched to MHD w/MBoost on Wedge's flash that targets 23-24psi and tapers to 20psi (WGDC is at 70's up top, still plenty of room, thanks to the inlets) on e75.

IAT's don't go past 130 on a hot day. After each pull, IAT's quickly dissipate to 90F and drops some more if I stay out of boost. Results are dramatic at night or during winter where cruising IAT's are in the low to mid 60's, spiking up to high 80's after each pull.

No heat soaking issues. No lag on throttle response. No timing drops. Just running out of fuel, but that's another story.

I'm sure this kit can handle stage 2 turbos with a whole lot lower WGDC. But if anyone has the same kit with stage 2 twins, feel free to chime in. I'd like to know.
As I stated on page 1 I had an AA sport fmic and it was terrible cooling wise so I bought a vrsf 7" and sent it back the same day I recieved it as I was appalled with the quality! Got the cx racing 4" fmic and where temps were upto 160f with th AA fmic, the cx fmic they don't go above 110f. I'm FBO with inlets and RB turbos hitting 23psi on a wedge tune and my WGDC are at 40% up top which is lower than it was with the AA fmic. Quality wise the CX fmic is 10x better than the vrsf only con is its not a direct fit I had to fabricate my own brakets and you do have to trim loads to get it in, but none of that is an issue for me personally as I enjoy modding.
Appreciate 1
bNks334426.50