S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegemony View Post
Who all is tracking their car with an aftermarket tune? Can you comment on your experiences?

I had been running Procede V2 at 90% up until last weekend. Standard settings had been yielding 14.5-15psi during long pulls as recommended by the manufacturer, but I have been constantly plagued with limp modes induced during down shifts dating back to my use of v1.5. Two weekends ago was my first track event since installing my Defi boost gauge, and it recorded spikes on downshifts fairly regularly reacing 17-19psi and a maximum spike up to 24psi. To be clear i'm not talking about blips up to a peak with the throttle body closed and a near instant drop to normal levels after acceleration resumes, I'm talking about a moderate fast build and it holding for a second or so then falling off.

Got fed up with the problems and figured I'd rather have 70 less HP and be on the track than be sitting in the paddock, so I took it out and continued to record with my boost gauge. I saw throttlebody-close-style blips up to 11psi with the procede removed and on boost runs peaking at 8-9psi, i.e. what you'd expect.

I'm going to stay stock for a while and work on driving, but I was wondering if anyone else was having a positive track day experience with any of the available tunes. I'm going to want to add one back when I get my driving skills where I want them.

I am trying to IM you..but having difficulty..frickin proxy issues.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0