03-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #11
Hegemony
Fast Like Tiger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
Just to be clear - you got limps during DOWNshifts? I used to get limps on track and that was only with UPshifts from 3-4 at 6500rpm.

FWIW - I'm running V202 with no problems in HPDE 4/TT. My first experience was back in Nov07 with V2.0 and that was a pain in the ass.

I've been to quite a few open track days (drive till ya tires fall off) and have dickered around with it enough that it's limp-free.

As you know, you can be 100% perfect on the street only to limp once on track, under track conditions.

Here's a tip: Set the valet RPM to 2000. That way, if you limp, you can hot pit, restart and immediately be on "stock settings". That's the only way to properly test your limp-proneness
I'm getting them when moving through a high speed straight->downshift for a hard turn->on boost through the apex and the next straight. I've gotten them at the end of braking in 10a at Road Atlanta and at the hairpin at Barber, which is turn 5. It's hard to say at exactly what point it occurs during this transition. I know it's after the first down shift and before I'm at the track out point, but I'm not exactly starting at my gauges through that whole period.

EDIT: What I'm experiencing happens more on colder days. There was snow on the ground at Barber two weekends ago.

I haven't gotten one during a highspeed upshift since I moved up to V2. I used to get them when running v1.5 even on 98 octane.