The Nightman
Cometh
Rep
Drives: Boy's Soul

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Update:

The suspension settings (toe-out) are getting tiresome and annoying on the highway. This was a result of the Dinan camber plates set to max with the camber pins pulled.

Remedy = alignment is needed.

Also, the degradation of the ride quality from the front M3 bar is bugging me. I am constantly feeling the pull of the sway bar on either end of the car when I hit larger bumps. It's a significant change.

Remedy = Remove M3 swaybar, add stiffer OE sport springs, and Koni yellows all around.

I'd like to give the suspension its independent feel back.

Parts list:
- OE D8 sport springs in the front - 335i convertible springs. The 335 weighs about 400lbs more than my car but the weight bias F/R is very similar.
- Koni Yellows
- OE Sport bumps stops all around
- Front OE sport mounts
- Rear top Monroe mounts and bottom OE mounts
- Front OE 328i wagon swaybar
- Front E30 spring perches to attain non-sport ride height
- Rear upper spring pads (14.5mm)

What I hope to achieve: Non-sport ride height but with stiffer sport springs and better damping all around. I also want the jittery feeling of the M3 bar to be gone - the front end feels very busy with the M3 front bar. Of course this could be because my 100k+ shocks just can't handle the M3 bar action, but I digress. I'm hoping that the stiffer springs and Konis will give me the sharpness that the swaybar provides in transitions without the ride penalty and mechanical grip-killer that swaybar also, unfortunately, provides.

In short, short cuts don't really work in suspensions.
I wonder how much of your issues can be attributed to your alignment. I didn't experience any issues running a solid 27mm front sway bar with both non-sport and sport suspension.
Appreciate 0