07-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #10
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens View Post
I kinda just stuck little pieces here and there where I thought creaking may come from...

I used left over sound deadening material because foam would have compression and the ability to leave piece bulging or still movable. I wanted something that stuck well, created just enough of a tight press that it didn't bulge or have loose bits. I put little pieces where I thought creaking might come from and just continued doing that until when touched and pressed, it had almost no play. I wasn't relying on the sound deadening working as intended, it was just a spacer.

I put some behind the panel you have off, I lifted a little piece of the dash (where you can see the L shaped line above the trim next to the writing on the dash) and stuck a little piece there, I put the piece back on and noticed some areas around the clips still had some play.

You're probably just gonna have to experiment with it. As a side note - I had the blower motor recall done too, unknown if it was affecting it.

If you don't get all of it - I've also heard people say that the side sill piece of plastic (on the skirt) also creaks or can creak when the car flexes You can lift up the edges and stick some stuff in there too to create a tighter fit.
Ok I was wondering if something I could buy local.

Did you do anything to the plastic retaining tabs? Like I'm not 100% sure where the noise comes from I would have to have someone driving when I'm in passenger.

How did you pull up the dash? If I am understanding you correct you lifted up the black soft touch where it says "airbag"?
Appreciate 0