View Single Post
      05-16-2021, 04:27 AM   #30
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
Battery will show lower voltage under load, thats voltage drop, which will recover on a healthy battery.
Check the cleanliness of the two wires passing through the battery box at the back of the car. They always seem to be dirty and probably offering additional resistance.

As said by Tambo, Earth strap in engine bay, they do fall apart. That would only pose a high resistance during cranking or charging though.

I've never actually checked the time but I'm sure my car turns the interior lights off after so long. The relay on terminal 30g is used to shut down electrical consumers.
Hi Andy,

Dropped the Bosch back to the chap, checked mine with a multimeter before I hooked it back up and it maintained a full charge of just over 12.6v. Drove as per usual, locked the car and by morning I just wanted to see what voltage the xtrons read and it said 11.4v (give or take 0.2 +/-) and literally one single crank and lights dimmed. So.. As far as I'm aware we tested for parasitic draw and I couldn't see anything drastic on the Multimeter so I had a quick look and I've seen a few posts state the AGM batteries are quite beneficial even of you don't have stop start, Ive bought a Bosch S5 A13 AGM with 5 years warranty. It won't come till Tuesday and I'll make sure I code the car to AGM as I believe AGM's charge 4x faster than acid batteries, the alternator is in great shape as it was replaced about a year ago or less with a brand new Lucas.

I'm hoping that sorts the issues out, in the meantime I've been working on reducing those faults. I've had a window regulator come, I bought a pin connector removal kit to sort the LED number plate light (it seems to have a weak connection at the pins in the connector) I've got some brushes to repair the Aux water pump and I'll jack the front up and have a look at the oil condition/level sensor which is located on the bottom of the sump.. Just to help clear up some potential shorts which you mentioned as a possibility a few posts back. I'll also have a look at the ground strap condition.
Appreciate 0