Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
They will if they know what to look for specifically. Usually when they do a re-flash or upgrade, they just do it without really poking around.
Its really just a tad bit more complicated than that. I saw the programming that Tony did when he flashed my car as the "test" car. He was tweaking things and it took a while just to do that (meaning like 30 min per minor "tweak"). There are like 25 different folders you can tweak things in and even through all of those, there are sub folders of specific areas. Its pretty damn complicated.

plus the areas that are changed for tuning aren't completely obvious so it would take a highly trained eye to see whats up.

My (and the LET/EC guys) best guess was if a tech did feel like the car was running too lean or something, they would most likely just perform a system update or reset of the ECU using the GT1 computer and see what happened when they did that. That would erase the flash and thus when the car looked to be running normally they would say it was "fixed".

That is really the only down side of the flash vs the piggy back. However, it very unlikely that they would even notice it in the 1st place.
Appreciate 0