View Single Post
      11-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #35
Markierocker335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 335i n55 m sport

I’m sorry for repeating the same question over and over again but I am totally confused after reading these different examples of suspension . I have a 2012 e92 335i with the M sport package .auto . That’s six speed auto not the other good one. One of the confusing part of this whole thing is when I hear people describe how their stock suspension feels . In my car that I described above has 50,000 miles on it and I would describe this suspension as extremely soft floaty boat like . With extreme body role .This car is dangerous if you load slowly load it up in a turn gently it’ll grab fairly well or ok but if there’s any bump in a high-speed turn you’re just about dead it disrupts the whole chassis . And your all over the place . This side to side transition is horrible. It’s not even predictable because undulation in the road gives you a different or more extreme Chasse disruption . Now as far as luxury the suspension is amazing it floats over the bumps it’s just very pleasant for a luxury car . But for any kind of spirited driveing it’s no good .am I crazy or is that the way the rest of you feel ? And definitely the stock rear dif is horrible omg ! Please tell me the basics set up for spirited street driving or Rare track day . nothing harsh just one good step from the stock msport set up as I have now . Mostly just something that you can enjoy driving the car without feeling like you’re gonna die . Bilstien shocks - dinan springs HR sport springs. And what’s that m3 upgrade part in the front suspension people are replacing . Is that M3 part more heavy duty . Dose it flex Less . Does it have better suspension geometry ?
Appreciate 0