View Single Post
      10-12-2020, 01:33 PM   #115
e46Tyrant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Hey guys, just wanted to keep this conversation alive. I’ve been self tuning the n55 for a few months now and have found many of the same things as Anjuna’s main post (excellent write up!) although I think there are some significant differences amongst the n55 DME’s between e, f, pwg, ewg, etc. because many of the tables are very different both in appearance and functionality.

I have an e-series n55 and a f-series pwg. I’m happy to elaborate on some of the differences I’ve found tuning between the two and do my best to contribute to this thread and answer any questions. The f series pwg is much more difficult to get boost control perfect (overboost post shift, flat boost curve, etc) but I’m pretty happy with where it’s at now. PID took some finessing and I’m happy to share my strategy. The e-series has commanded which makes things much easier, but even the stock approach with PID is easier than the f to get just right.

One issue I’ve run into is there seems to be a fuel related cap that kills load target on the f series. When hpfp tanks so does load, which makes sense. But even if hpfp stays strong (due to an upgraded hpfp) it still causes load request to drop significantly. I know it’s fuel related because if I lean out afr a bit the load request increases and vice-versa. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Also, for those of you running a 3.5 bar sensor, is it possible to actually target higher boost than 22-23 psi? I check the mhd box or use Anjunas modified settings, but Load just seems to max out and you can’t increase boost target any further. The n55’s don’t have the custom 3 cell scaling logic of the n54 so I’m confused how it works. I have to assume it’s possible because mhd has the “boost target ex” logging parameter which is to log boost target above the stock tmap. Is there a table I’m missing that allows for higher boost targets when using the 3.5 bar sensor?

Last edited by e46Tyrant; 10-17-2020 at 05:15 AM..
Appreciate 0