View Single Post
      10-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #118
JPuehl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46Tyrant View Post
I didn't find any benefit to zero'ing out PIDs to dial in boost.
Assuming it's a stock turbo car, easiest way to get things sorted is to set load ceiling high and use wgdc to control boost target. After about 4500 rpm you really can't go wrong since the stock turbo is so small, but be careful with duty cycle at lower rpm because you can exceed the stock tmap fairly easily and it's hard on the engine to make that much cylinder pressure and low end torque.

Are you using commanded or standard wgdc tables?
I have a PS2 so not using OEM anything. Commanded wgdc table doesn't work when using PID and I don't believe PID works with commanded wgdc, so I'm focusing on the standard wgdc. I'm in the "early" stages of tuning and zeroing the PID tables is helping get the wgdc table, and other tables on par, then will reset PID tables back to OEM and go from there. PID is just supposed to correct errors and I found that while trying to dial in boost, PID was giving me a false sense of accomplishment (lol) as I was hitting target but when I zeroed PID I realized just how much PID was "working" to bring wgdc up to meet target.

Are you stock turbo and how did you dial in boost, "set load ceiling high and use wgdc to control boost target"? How much did you need to adjust the PID tables?

1Mpostr
Appreciate 0