View Single Post
      03-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #3
ecko04
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Reached out to Joe on Tuesday to have the PPK coded. He got back to me on Friday. My cable, which I picked up from Amazon and battery tender arrived on Sunday. Paid my invoice on Sunday. We setup an appointment for Monday at 9. We got started around 9:15. Finished exactly at 10am. Everything went off without a hitch...even my 100ft extension cable from my 4th floor balcony for the battery tender.

I'm sure that I could've done the coding myself but given Joe's level of expertise, knowledge about coding and relatively nominal fee TGS charges for the PPK service; it was worthwhile for me to have someone who knows the software inside & out complete the process.

Thanks again Joe!

Tender that I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I highly recommend it. My battery started off at 44% charged since I don't drive much. When I plugged in the tender around 8:55am. By 9:10am it was 71% charged. By the time Joe started at 9:15am and we finished at 10am, the battery was 100% charged and the tender was then simply maintaining the charge as opposed to charging.

The tender is plug and play, easiest thing to use by far. Had I not had the tender my battery would've been completely dead, and possibly could have led to a failed flash and a visit to the dealership. Immediately upon plugging in the tender and attaching it to the battery, it began doing it thing of charging and maintaining the charge.

PeleusTech INPA K+CAN K+DCAN ODB-USB interface https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I used Windows 10 and I didn't even have to bother with the drivers. Simply plugged in the cable and Windows took care of the rest. Didn't have to bother with any drivers or supplied CD, which my tablet lacked a CD drive anyway. Joe did not have to spend any time fumbling about with drivers.

Painless process!

Joe even went as far as to ask if there was anything else I needed. Knowing nothing about coding, I simply said no. Great guy!

Thanks Joe and TGS!
Appreciate 1