View Single Post
      08-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

RGRAY:

Here in Canada we get the "cold weather package" standard on 330i/xi models. I guess BMW figured out that Canadians are too cheap to option it so they bundled it together with the base car. So really the only factory option missing on this car is satellite radio...apparently even having the factory pre-wire done is quite a special request. I've also arranged for the alarm to by installed by the dealer before I take delivery.

As for snow tires I'm most definitely going to mount those on the rims that are coming on the car and leave them on there. The QX4 that I'm trading in has a Nissan ATTESA automatic 4wd system but I found it to be suicide to drive it with all-seasons and promptly started using winter tires every year since then. This also gives me an excuse to get 18 or 19" rims with summer tires in April or so

Regarding the '07 xi models you're absolutely right, maybe a 328xi would have cost a little less than an '06 330xi but I didn't want to sacrifice some power just to get 1 missing option nor did I want to wait however long for a 335xi (with a price premium) to debut. So overall (even though I don't have the car yet) I'm very pleased with the way things went.
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone