02-16-2018, 03:43 AM   #10
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
So how difficult really is this infamous valve cover gasket swap? Can anyone tell me about all of that? I'm new to the scene here. Is the VCG swap a common maintenance item? Factory schedule maintenance? I've never had to swap a valve cover gasket for any reason other than because I removed a valve cover to do a mod (cams, etc.). My car has less than 30,000 miles on her, so I feel like a VCG swap is a long way off..... Is the job (VCG) really so bad? Why?
It’s just a bit tedious. It’s not difficult at all. About 2-4 hours of work. Gaskets tend to fail and leak at around 70k. You are bound to replace it eventually. Like rick said, shops charge top dollar for it. IMO , it’s such easy job, it’s hard to mess up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Nice review. I second all your recommendations as well!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Would this combo feel as good without the headers though? Thank you for the review, I've been waiting for this impression. Thanks!
I don’t see why not. You might see less overall gains, but you will get gains nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajac1 View Post
I'm about to sell my car soon probably and you guys just talk about those milvs damnnnnnn :/ Again difficult decision
Do this mod! It will be as if you got a new car. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTMOODY View Post
thanks for the review. I have all the components you mentioned sitting around. I need to get on it.
Go for it man! One weekend well spent.
Appreciate 2
Noir883.00