05-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #112
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios335i View Post
yeah, Ive tried 65% and pretty much the same issues, just less power. I always use shell 93 too. Like I said this map is running good but there is just something that getting set off. I just wonder if there is anything else I can raise or lower to stop the car from going into a limp mode under the circumstance I said previously. .
I was getting surging and oscillation on JB3 and Terry and others such as Scalbert and Shiv looked at my BT datalogs, and felt that I was dealing with a small boost leak.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I spent most of today checking the entire induction system for any sign of a leak and found none.

Here is what I did:

1) Removed cowl and DCI's and checked connection from charge pipe to throttle body

2) Removed splash pan and checked intercooler connections and reseated the O-rings (VK intercooler uses stock couplers).

3) Visually inspected wastgate actuator rods and jiggled them for free play and to see if they were sticking.

4) Inspected all vacuum lines running from wastegate solenoids, vacuum cannisters, down to the actuators themselves.

5) Inspected all vacuum lines running from intake manifold to diverter valves. Also checked diverter valve lock rings and removed one of the diverter valves to check for residual oil blowby compromising the seal.

6) Visually inspected intercooler fins and bars for signs of rock damage/penetration.

I didn't find anything, but car runs great now.

So I share your frustration, but like you, I thought I was having better luck with one tune versus the other

Perhaps it's a small intermittent problem with your car and you just need to go through a process of elimination sytematically.

It's always easy to blame the tunes, but fact is that many other people are running them succesfully, so it's more likely to be car specific.
Appreciate 0