View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 12:08 PM   #16
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

TXT,

I appreciate your willingness to have this discussion, but I would argue that the context of the last few seconds of video is EXTREMELY important.

Let me preface this that I don't have anywhere near enough evidence to even begin to pass judgment on the actions in this video, but do have some "devil's advocate" questions to consider.

Some questions the above comments raise:
Is it only OK to shoot someone who is facing you? So if a guy caps a few rounds from 15' away behind a bush, then turns to run for better cover and officer return fires and strikes him, that is somehow murder?

IF the video showed a black officer taking exactly the same actions, would popular opinion change? Should that make ANY difference?

While it was probably the officer's taser that was moved, possibly to protect his equipment from falling into the wrong hands, the officer probably did violate the crime scene. IF the weapons were reversed (guy went for gun that was dropped and officer tased him), would you expect the officer to leave his firearm on the ground 15' away while he secure the suspect?
Appreciate 0